The gospel is the good news of what Jesus has done to make us right with God.
- God made us to know Him and love Him (Genesis 1).
- But we disobeyed God, we sinned, and as a result there is separation between us and God and the looming punishment of death (Genesis 3; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23).
- God the Father, in His great love, sent His Son, Jesus, to rescue us from our sin, repair our relationship with God, and give us eternal life (John 3:16; Romans 5:10-11).
- Unlike us, Jesus lived a perfect life. Jesus then died on a cross to take your punishment and mine (Romans 5:8-9; 1 Peter 3:18).
- Jesus was buried in a tomb, but on the third day came back to life signaling the defeat of sin, and death, and the devil (Acts 2:24; 1 Corinthians 15:55-57).
- God now commands all people to turn from sin, to repent, and trust in Jesus alone for the forgiveness of our sins (Acts 17:30-31; John 20:31).